By Mr. Ronald A. Edwards – The Minneapolis Story
We have just learned from sources in Washington, D.C., that the Department of Justice will open an investigation into the matter of Michael Keefe and move against the city of Minneapolis with indictments of criminal charges against current and former Minneapolis officials. The stunning aspect of this ten year old case is that what we write here is not a “scoop” in the traditional sense of that term, as we have just found out. What is stunning is that the Star Tribune and the major city newspapers in St. Paul, Rochester, and Duluth, have all known about this since May 2016, and yet, due to their involvement and potential indictment, have remained silent.
This comes as an outgrowth of the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee investigation, compelled by constitutional law due to the violation of constitutional rights and violation of equal protection of Minneapolis citizens. They referred it to the Department of Justice that sent it to the FBI to investigate.
We await eagerly to see how this case unfolds and to what level the press will now finally cover it, and to what degree with they be honest about their involvement in the cover ups regarding this case and in the violation of constitutional rights of fellow officers and citizens.
Over 20,000 words on the Keefe case since 2007, in our our archives of columns, blog entries, and solution papers. Order The Minneapolis Story and A Seat for Everyone, at Beacon on the Hill Press.
• August 29, 2007 Column: A profile in courage and integrity—the saga of Lt. Michael Keefe
• May 18, 2011 Column: Stanek, Keefe, Delmonico, Arneson: four who strive to make a difference
• May 30, 2012 Column: Tensions within the MPD revealed in the case of Lt. Michael Keefe.
• April, 24, 2014: The continuing battle of Sgt. Michael Keefe, and the disappearance of Black police officers from the MPD
• June, 4, 2014: Keefe file now open to the public. Sgt. Michael Keefe waits his day in court
• June, 18, 2014: The Keefe Report has been released into the open. Yet “they” continue to try to bury what can no longer be buried
• May, 21, 2015: Keefe case thrown out by 8th Circuit eight years after filed.
• December 14, 2007, Five Black Officers Sue the City for Discrimination, as the Twin Towers of Minneapolis’ Nullification and Reversal Begin to Finally Crumble.
• November 22, 2011: DISPARITY/COMPLIANCE STUDIES: Minneapolis Practices Disparity And Purposefully And Actively Avoids Compliance. 20 columns, going back to 2005.
• July 14, 2008: Ending the City’s and MPD’s COVER-UP OF DISCRIMINATION will help to end the Discrimination in the Minneapolis Police Department
Written Monday, August 29, 2016
Posted Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 2:15 am
Hyperlinked, August 30, 2016, 10:55 a.m.
Be the first to comment on "The continued battle by Michael Keefe for Justice"